RETURN AND REPAIR POLICY
AAEON Technology Inc. ("AAEON") is committed to providing customers with peace of mind, high quality products, and excellent customer service. We guarantee that AAEON hardware products will be free from design, manufacturing, or component defects. For standard items, AAEON offers a 2-year warranty that starts from the date of the invoice. However, RTC system product batteries have a 6-month warranty. Information about AAEON's Return Materials Authorization (RMA) service can be found below. Please read the RMA policy carefully before returning any items.
✦RETURN & REPAIR POLICY
Our return & repair policy is applicable only to products purchased directly from the AAEON eShop website.
Please be advised that AAEON eShop only accepts product returns in the case of issues relating to PRODUCT QUALITY, and reserves the right to refuse all other requests for returns. To return an item due to a quality-related issue, you must first contact our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org to check whether a return is possible. Our technical team will help you go through all the problems. All product returns require an RMA number from the AAEON customer service team. If you have any questions after purchasing our products, please contact our service team at email@example.com, and they will reply as soon as possible.
✦Exclusions from warranty
The returned product is treated as excluded from warranty when:
- The product has been found to be defective after expiry of the warranty period.
- The product is determined to have been subjected to misuse, abuse, or unauthorized repair, whether by accident or other causes. Such conditions will be determined by AAEON at its sole discretion.
- Product has been updated, modified, repaired, disassembled and tested upon the request of customers without authorization from AAEON.
- Product is damaged beyond repair due to nature disasters, for example, lighting strike, flood, earthquake, acts of god, etc.
- The serial number on the product has been removed or damaged such that it is illegible and AAEON could not identify its warranty period.
✦Requesting an RMA (Return Materials Authorization) Number
For all returns, including evaluation units and repairs, you need to complete an RMA Request Form to obtain a valid RMA number. Before submitting an RMA request, please contact the AAEON RMA service center or Contact Us to see if a return is possible. The AAEON eShop RMA service center may contact you for additional information regarding your RMA request. If the RMA service center verifies that the product needs to be returned to AAEON, you will receive a notification containing an RMA number. If your request is denied, we will send you a message explaining our reasons.
✦Returning a Product for Repair
All products must be returned in their original packaging, including invoice, a detailed description of the problem, and the RMA number, to the AAEON RMA Service Center within 30 days of the date of issuance of the RMA number. When sending a unit back for repair, please do not ship back any accessories (cables, CPU, manual, etc…) unless they are directly related to the problem. If you believe the accessories to be part of the problem and wish to include them in your return shipment, please indicate this clearly in your request. Unless you do this, the AAEON eShop will not be able to guarantee that your accessories will be returned.
Please be advised that unauthorized returns will be rejected. Additionally, customers will be responsible for any additional costs resulting from them not following the return instructions provided by AAEON staff members.
Please back up your data, files, and programs on a storage accessory such as a hard drive or CFAST card. AAEON cannot guarantee that your data, files, and programs will be left intact following the repair operation.
- For DOA products sent back by the customer within 30 days of the invoice date, the AAEON eShop will be responsible for round-trip shipping costs.
- For in-warranty products (within 2 years of the invoice date), the customer will be responsible for return shipping costs, and the AAEON eShop will be responsible for the repair/replacement and shipment back to customer. (For situation excluded from warranty, customer still needs to be responsible for the shipment back after repair/replacement.)
- For Out-of-Warranty products (above 2-years of the invoice date), the customer will be responsible for round-trip shipping costs.
- Please use a trackable shipping method and keep your tracking number. Customers will be liable for any losses or damage caused by their shipping carrier.
Note: We suggest that you write “Goods with no commercial value returned for repair” on the shipping invoice.
✦DOA (Dead on Arrival) Returns
DOA products must be returned with all their original accessories, parts, and packaging. Requests to return goods that either do not function or function incorrectly must be made within 30 days of the invoice date. Products that are incomplete or that show signs of mishandling or misuse will not be accepted.
✦DOA Returns with which No Problem Can Be Found
- The customer will be responsible for round-trip shipping costs.
- The customer will be responsible for inspection and diagnostic costs: boards - US$20, systems - US$40
AAEON will repair or replace all defective products still under warranty provided they are returned in accordance with AAEON's RMA policy. AAEON will have sole discretion in determining whether a product will be repaired or replaced. If a product cannot be repaired or replaced due to end of life (EOL) issues, the AAEON eShop will work with the customer to determine a suitable replacement.
✦Incorrect or Missing Products
Please notify the AAEON eShop of any incorrect of missing products within 30 days of the invoice date.
- Customers will be charged for repairs to products out of warranty and for all repairs (in-warranty or out-of-warranty) that are needed due to the misuse or mishandling of products. Charges include Handling Fee + Repair Fee + Material Fee + Shipping Fee. For any repair work that would result in a customer being charged, the AAEON eShop will issue a proforma invoice listing all the charges. Only after the customer replies in writing to AAEON, stating that they accept the proforma invoice will repair work begin. Customers must pay for repair work before AAEON delivers the repaired product to customer.
- Repair service charges will be calculated as follows: Total Charges = Handling + Repair + Materials
- Shipping Cost: Pre-evaluated fees will be quoted
Please be advised that AAEON reserves the right to change its Return & Repair policy at any time and without notification. For any questions or concerns regarding the AAEON eShop Return & Repair policy, please email AAEON Technical Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.